Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gyan happy to have joined Sunderland.



Picture


Asamoah Gyan is looking forward to making an impact in the Premier League after finalising his club-record move to Sunderland.

The Black Cats have splashed out in excess of £13million to secure the Ghana striker on a four-year contract from Rennes.

The 24-year-old was a long-term target for Sunderland boss Steve Bruce and Gyan is happy to have pitched up at the Stadium of Light.

"It's been a long day, but finally I'm happy to be here and my family and friends are also happy for me," Gyan told the club's official website.

"My family is in England already and I am happy this is the right place for me.

"The Sunderland coach has faith in me because he has been following me for two years now.

"I am pleased I have the opportunity to come to England."

Gyan believes he will be suited to playing for Sunderland and he is also relishing his opportunity to turn out in front of the Black Cats faithful.

He added: "I follow English football and I know Sunderland have incredible fans.

"I especially know about the derby when they play against Newcastle. That is something incredible. I have witnessed that myself.

"The Sunderland fans never say die. They keep cheering their team on for 90 minutes. That gives me confidence to play maximum football.

"I am here to do my best and show what I can do. I have watched Sunderland play before - I think it will be good."


Source from: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment